Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Neighborhood and other musings

If you ocasionally find time to read our blog, then take time to read my new blog at http://gardentours25cents.blogspot.com/

Bob is getting prepared to visit DisneyWorld with his daughter and granddaughters in three weeks.  The youngest, Sydney, is getting super excited.  Susannah, Adam, Anderson and I visited DisneyWorld in July (Adam's vacation time).  The timing was bad--we knew it but God was merciful.  We had some good weather in the 80s and 90s and some cooling rains.  Anderson is still watching "It's a Small World "videos and listening to the CD.  It was a wonderful adventure for us.  I know the girls will love it and will cherish the memories with their Pop.

Sydney came over to swim Tuesday along with the nieghborhood children. The pool was ice cold (due to the trees) but they didn't seem to care.  It was a riotous time for all, including the parent who came over to watch. Several kids learned to come in through our doggie door so we had to laughingly declare it off-limits (Where were they when I locked my keys in the house last February and could have used their entry?).  Such joy in the laughter and antics of children.  It brought back great memories.

In my youth, I remember playing outside until the dark (actually, it was probably our parents) chased us in.  We played hide and seek, red rover-red rover, kick the can, hopscotch and other games together.  We didn't seem to mind the heat or the mosquitoes --all we wanted to do was play.  I think I'll try to find the rules to those games and introduce the neighborhood kids to them.  Does anyone remember their games?

No comments: